Imizol is a clear, sterile, aqueous solution for the treatment and prevention of Babesiosis in cattle, sheep, horses and dogs, Anaplasmosis in cattle and Ehrlichiosis in dogs.
Each 1ml of Imizol contains 120mg Imidocarb dipropionate.
Dosage and administration
A. Treatment of Babesiosis (Babesia divergens, B.caballi, B.bovis, B.bigemina, B.equi, B.ovis, B.canis)
- Cattle & Sheep – 1.0ml per 100kg body weight.
- Dogs – 0.25ml per 10kg bodyweight.
- Horses, donkeys, mules – 2.0ml per 100kg bodyweight.
B. Treatment of Anaplasmosis & mixed infections due to Anaplasma & Babesia
- Cattle – 2.5ml per 100kg bodyweight. An established immunity to Anaplasmosis not affected by dosage with Imizol.
C. Treatment of Ehrlichiosis & mixed infections due to Babesia & Ehrlichia
- Dogs – 0.5ml per 10kg bodyweight. Administer 2 doses at 14 days interval.
D. Prophylaxis of Babesiosis in cattle, horses, dogs
- Cattle – 2.5ml per 100kg bodyweight. A single dose will prevent Babesiosis for 4 weeks depending on the severity of the challenge and species involved.
- Dogs – 0.5ml per 10kg bodyweight.
- Horses, donkeys, mules – 2.0ml per 10kg bodyweight.
Route of administration
The administration is strictly through Subcutaneous or intramuscular routes.
- Do not administer by the intravenous route.
- Side effects of a cholinergic nature may occur occasionally. These are transient and need not cause alarm. If excessive, treat with Atropine sulphate.
- Imidocarb dipropionate is highly active against infections caused by large and small forms of Babesia in cattle, sheep, goats, horses/donkeys, mules & dogs, against Anaplasma in cattle and Ehrlichia canis in dogs.
- The prolonged action of Imidocarb dipropionate exerts a prophylactic effect against babesia infections for up to 6 weeks.
- Store between 2°C and 25°C, protected from light.
- Do not freeze.
- Meat: 28 days
- Milk: 3 days