Imizol is a clear, sterile, aqueous solution for the treatment and prevention of Babesiosis in cattle, sheep, horses and dogs, Anaplasmosis in cattle and Ehrlichiosis in dogs.
Each 1ml of Imizol contains 120mg Imidocarb dipropionate.
- Imidocarb dipropionate is highly active against infections caused by large and small forms of Babesia in cattle, sheep, goats, horses/donkeys, mules & dogs, against Anaplasma in cattle and Ehrlichia canis in dogs.
- The prolonged action of Imidocarb dipropionate exerts a prophylactic effect against babesia infections for up to 6 weeks.
Dosage and administration
A. Treatment of Babesiosis (Babesia divergens, B.caballi, B.bovis, B.bigemina, B.equi, B.ovis, B.canis)
- Cattle & Sheep – 1.0ml per 100kg body weight.
- Dogs – 0.25ml per 10kg bodyweight.
- Horses, donkeys, mules – 2.0ml per 100kg bodyweight.
B. Treatment of Anaplasmosis & mixed infections due to Anaplasma & Babesia
- Cattle – 2.5ml per 100kg bodyweight. An established immunity to Anaplasmosis not affected by dosage with Imizol.
C. Treatment of Ehrlichiosis & mixed infections due to Babesia & Ehrlichia
- Dogs – 0.5ml per 10kg bodyweight. Administer 2 doses at 14 days interval.
D. Prophylaxis of Babesiosis in cattle, horses, dogs
- Cattle – 2.5ml per 100kg bodyweight. A single dose will prevent Babesiosis for 4 weeks depending on the severity of the challenge and species involved.
- Dogs – 0.5ml per 10kg bodyweight.
- Horses, donkeys, mules – 2.0ml per 10kg bodyweight.
Route of administration
The administration is strictly through Subcutaneous or intramuscular routes.
- Do not administer by the intravenous route.
- Side effects of a cholinergic nature may occur occasionally. These are transient and need not cause alarm. If excessive, treat with Atropine sulphate.
- Meat: 28 days
- Milk: 3 days
- Store between 2°C and 25°C, protected from light.
- Do not freeze.
Imizol is available in packs of 10Ml.